Performs routine and frequent manual and heavy labor tasks to properly consolidate, treat, store, pack, transport and/or dispose of hazardous waste in accordance with environmentally responsible and cost-effective practices and Net Zero Staffing policies, practices and procedures. Job requires maintenance of records, accuracy and attention to detail, the ability to follow instruction and to work independently once proper training provided.
- Segregate and package material for transport along with completion of required paperwork in a legible, accurate, and timely manner in accordance with appropriate regulations and Customer/Stericycle policies, practices, and procedures.
- Oversee large Labpack projects and jobs with the ability to manage others. Coach technicians and operators with on-the-job in equipment operation, service line processes and necessary paperwork.
- Follow all Health & Safety/Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s) procedures as outlined in Stericycle procedures and policies.
- Operate fork trucks and other heavy equipment when properly trained to move materials for storage / loading and off-loading.
- Perform onsite testing of unknown materials according to Stericycle policies, practices, and procedures.
- Maintain records for DOT and State officials as assigned. Instruct, provide feedback, directs and assist team in performance of job duties to complete work in accordance with requirements and Stericycle policies, practices and procedures.
- Schedule and distribute work to team as necessary.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED); three or more years related experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years of lab pack experience required.
- 40 hours OSHA training with 8 hour refresher course; successful completion of forklift training.
- Demonstrates proficiency to operate a computer with Windows based programs (i.e. Excel and Word).Demonstrates strong attention to detail and ability to follow procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- The ability to oversee a large project/job with supervision of personnel.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of facility permit, DOT packaging requirements and exempts as well as expanded knowledge of waste routing and disposal, Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift and possesses safe driving record.
Position requires the following physical activity:
Balancing – ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium frequently
Climbing – occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps and the like using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized
Crouching – occasionally bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine
Fingering – frequently type with the fingers, and/or separate pages of documents, etc,
Grasping – constantly apply pressure to an object with the fingers and palm
Hearing – constantly perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction
Kneeling – constantly bend legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees
Lifting – frequently raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position
Pulling – frequently use upper extremities to exert force to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion
Pushing – frequently use upper extremities to press against something with steady force to thrust forward, downward or outward
Reaching – frequently extend hand (s) and arm (s) in any direction
Repetitive motion – occasional substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
Seeing – constantly use visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations
Sitting – occasionally sit for sustained periods of time
Standing – occasionally stand for sustained periods of time
Stooping – frequently bend body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
Talking – frequently expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
Walking – constantly move about on foot to accomplish tasks
Visual acuity – Must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as, preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, filing papers, operating a vehicle, etc.
Both inside and outside work requirements with exposure to sun, rain, wind, snow and varying temperatures. Position very physical in nature. Required to stand for long periods of time on hard surfaces; frequent push / pull / lift more than 55 lbs.
Frequent use or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including full or half-faced respirators.
Must be able to travel. Travel varies in frequency and duration
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.