An established Community Hospital has an opportunity for a Gastroenterologist to practice in the Blue Ridge Mountains of beautiful Southwest Virginia! With quality care as the top priority, you’ll be given access to the tools, resources, and support needed to help care for patients while growing your practice.
- This is a hospital-employed position in a solo practice setting with one to two additional GIs within the market providing support.
- The ability to perform ERCP and EUS would be a plus, but not required.
- Community Hospital is a 100-bed facility conveniently located just one hour and fifteen minutes from Roanoke, VA and Winston-Salem, NC.
- This safe, friendly community is a great place to raise a family, yet close enough to larger cities for sporting events, the arts, and fine dining. Roanoke, VA (80 mi); Greensboro, NC (105 mi); Bristol, TN (70 mi); Charlotte, NC (150 mi)
Recruitment Package may include:
- Base salary + wRVU production incentive
- Quality bonus
- CME allowance
- Sign-on bonus
- Medical debt assistance
- Relocation allowance
- Residency stipend
- Medical Director Stipend
- Health benefits + Retirement plan
- Marketing + practice growth assistance
- About Wythe County Community Hospital
Welcome to Wytheville, a beautiful community nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of southwest Virginia that combines small-town friendliness and outdoor living with easy access to several nearby major metropolitan areas.
The Community Hospital serves residents of two counties and the surrounding area with a wide array of inpatient and outpatient services at its 100-bed acute care facility and various physician practices. It is fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
The community abounds in restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. History buffs will enjoy many historical sites, including the Rock House Museum, the Thomas J. Boyd Museum, the Wytheville Heritage Museum, and the Stephen F. Austin Memorial. Entertainment lovers enjoy the state-of-the-art, German-themed Wohlfahrt Haus Dinner Theatre, and the Chautauqua Festival. Educational opportunities are available through a Community College and a satellite location of Old Dominion University, as well as five elementary schools, one primary school, three high schools, and a vocational/technical school.
Several major cities, including Roanoke, Bristol-Kingsport, and Winston-Salem, offer many more nearby opportunities for sports, concerts, fine dining, and cultural events.