Responsible for performing a variety of routine hazardous and non–hazardous waste tasks in the movement of solids and liquids. Under direct supervision, tasks could include all types of manual labor in cleaning and decontamination operations, packing, re–packing, unloading and loading containers for processing at site or transportation to appropriate facilities.
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) preferred
- Prior work experience of 3 to 6 months in the hazardous waste or chemical industry in a related position with proficiency in handling forklifts and a variety of tools preferred.
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER training preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load and unload various size containers (totes, drums, tankers, trailers, etc.)
- Construct boxes and/or fiber containers and stacks, labels, and loads containers.
- Transport hazardous waste materials from storage facilities within the facility as directed.
- Decontaminate and dispose of empty drums and/or containers according to RCRA and disposal guidelines.
- Assist in completing all necessary paperwork for processing materials to include transportation of materials to and from various locations.
- Perform general housekeeping duties.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
- Inspection material handling equipment as directed.
- Assist in the loading/unloading of hazardous and non–hazardous waste materials at designated sites utilizing appropriate equipment for which you are appropriately trained.